About the Game
Based on The Lord of the Rings motion picture trilogy, LEGO® The Lord of the Rings follows the original story-lines of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, taking players through the epic story events re-imagined with the humor and endless variety of LEGO play.
Trusted with the dangerous task to destroy an ancient magical ring that threatens all that is good, Frodo is forced to leave his peaceful home. But the ring wants to be found and the road to Mount Doom, the only place where it can be destroyed, will be perilous and riddled with Orcs and fouler things. To help Frodo, a Fellowship is formed —Aragorn the Ranger, Gandalf the Wizard, Legolas the Elf, Gimli the Dwarf, Boromir a Man of Gondor, and Frodo’s Hobbit friends Sam, Merry and Pippin. Players relive the legend through the LEGO mini-figures, as they explore wonders, solve timeless riddles, and overcome endless foes in their quest to destroy the Ring.
- Explore all of the open-world of Middle-earth and experience epic battles with Orcs, Uruk-hai, the Balrog, the Witch-king, and other fearsome creatures.
- Wield the power of the Palantír or Seeing-stone ('one that looks far-away'), and jump between multiple story-lines.
- Experience the LEGO The Lord of the Rings heroes come to life in an all new way with the mini-fig characters delivering the dialogue from the films.
- Collect, combine and forge new items in the Blacksmith Shop using Mithril, the most precious metal in Middle-earth.
- Discover and unlock over more than 80 playable characters, including Frodo, Aragorn, Gandalf, and many others.
- Collect and use a variety of weaponry and magical items, including the Light of Earendil, Elven rope, swords, and bows.
- Play with family and friends with easy access drop-in, drop-out game play option.
Traveller's Tales has once again delivered an amazing LEGO gaming experience. If you are a fan of The Lord of the Rings you are definitely going to want to play this one.
LEGO THE LORD OF THE RINGS software © 2012 TT Games Publishing Ltd. Produced by TT Games under license from the LEGO Group. LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and the Knob configurations and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2012 The LEGO group. © 2012 New Line Productions Inc. All The Lord of the Rings content other than content from the New Line films © 2012 The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Middle-earth Enterprises (“SZC”). Mithril, The Lord of the Rings and the names of the characters, items, events and places therein are trademarks of SZC under license to Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. WB GAMES LOGO, WBIE LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s12)* Less than 1% of orders are flagged for manual authorization. This process can take up to 24 hours, but is usually done within 60 minutes.
For this fantasy lover, LEGO The Lord of the Rings ticks all the right boxes.
The best, the most interesting and the most elaborate entry to the series.
Lots to explore and hours of gameplay to make the whole package feel not only fresh but epic to boot.
Traveller's Tales have stuck to their formula, but luckily the source material is so iconic, and the tribute so thorough, it barely matters.
Redeem & Download on Steam
Once you receive the activation key it can then be redeemed on Steam to add it to your game library and begin downloading. Please follow the instructions below if you need help with activating a product on Steam.
If you already have Steam installed and have a Steam account you can jump to Step 3.
How to Redeem a Steam Key
- Go to: http://store.steampowered.com/about/ and download the correct STEAM client for your computer/operating system.
- After download, install Steam and login with your Steam account (create an account if you don't already have one).
- Make sure Steam is running and you're logged in with your Steam account.
- Click the Games Menu.
- Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
- After successful code verification the game will be added to your Steam game library. To view it go to the "Library" tab and scroll down to LEGO The Lord of the Rings.
- Microsoft® Windows® XP SP3, Vista, or Windows® 7
- Dual Core CPU @ 2GHz (Pentium D or better)
- 1 GB RAM
- NVIDIA® 7600, 7800, 8800 GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 1950 or higher
- 8 GB available space
- 16-bit Sound Card