About the Game
A generation before the events of World of Warcraft began, cunning, sinister, and seemingly unstoppable, the demonic Burning Legion prepare to launch their long-awaited assault on the mortal world. Survival is a matter of strategy, as the Reign of Chaos begins.
- Play as Four Mighty Races
- Command mysterious Night Elves, insidious Undead, savage Orcs, and noble Humans as alliances shift and cultures clash in ruthless conflict.
- Command Legendary Hero Units
- Lead your forces into battle with powerful Hero units. Hardened by experience, Heroes can advance in level, learn spells, carry special items, and confer special benefits to nearby units.
- Use an Unrivaled World Editor
- Expand your world with the Warcraft World Editor. Design custom 3D maps and create missions with scripts for units, spells, event triggers, and more.
- Witness an Epic Story
- Watch an entire chapter of Azeroth's history unfold through the epic in-game cinematics. Witness firsthand the fall of Lordaeron and the tragic fate of the kingdom's prince, oversee Grom Hellscream's rise to power, and stand with the races of Azeroth at the Battle of Mount Hyjal for the fate of the world.
- Battle in Raging Multiplayer Chaos
- Take the fight online with up to seven of your friends via Battle.net, Blizzard Entertainment's free online gaming service. Find matches, share strategies, and compete in regional ladders.
What can be said about this classic? It is easily one of the best games of all time and still holds up fairly well today. It set the standard for balance, strategy and storytelling so if you're into strategy games and somehow missed this gem you need to grab it now!