About the Game
Play with Life and create the lives you've always wanted!
Ready to live a freer, more creative life? In The Sims™ 3, you can let your fantasies run wild as you design your ideal world. Start with your Sim, refining each shape, color and personality trait until you get the precise person that pleases you. Design your dream home, but don’t let a grid limit you; place, rotate and stack furniture and walls freely and to your heart’s content.
Once the “hard work” is over, it’s time to be a mentor. Guide your Sim’s path through life, developing a career, finding love, and pursuing dreams and desires. Spending time with friends and family is just as important as mastering painting or accumulating knowledge.
Take things to the next level and record movies of your Sim’s adventures and share them with the ever-growing and thriving community. With a huge catalog of expansion packs and fun objects to discover, there is no end to the possibilities awaiting you. It all begins here; your adventure awaits!
- Customize your Sim.
- Mix and match a vast range of facial features and body types to get the look you want. Infuse your Sim with personality traits and help realize their dreams.
- Stage your own extreme makeover.
- Decorate your Sim’s home however you want, neat or messy. Use odd angles, create tall stacks of items, and apply your favorite self-made pattern to the walls and floors.
- Range from the home.
- Get out of the house and explore the lively and entertaining neighborhood for the first time. Be a part of the larger online community!
While not perfect, you definitely can say third time's a charm for The Sims 3. It manages to be highly addicting without the need for violence which is rare these days. The endless train of DLC/expansion packs is nice since it allows you to keep the Sims 3 train rolling but it would've been great if some of that content came with the game.
- XP SP2 / Vista SP1 / Windows 7
- For XP 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; For Windows Vista and Windows 7 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
- For XP 1 GB RAM / Windows Vista and Windows 7 1.5 GB RAM*
- 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
- At least 7.1GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games.
- For NVIDIA ION™ computers, the game requires at least 2 GB RAM. Supported Video Cards: Nvidia GeForce 6 series or better, and all NVidia G, GT, GTS, and GTX video cards. ATI Radeon™ series card 9500 series or better, and all ATI X, X1, and HD video cards; Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA): GMA 3-Series, GMA 4-Series. Please note that the GeForce 6100 and 7100 cards are not supported.
MAC OS X REQUIREMENTS
- Mac OS X 10.5.7 Leopard or higher
- Intel Core Duo Processor
- 2 GB RAM
- ATI X1600 or Nvidia 7300 GT with 128 MB of Video RAM, or Intel Integrated GMA X3100
- At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games
- This game will not run on PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) based Mac systems, or the GMA
The Sims and The Sims 3 Logo are trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licencors.
* Less than 1% of orders are flagged for manual authorization. This process can take up to 24 hours, but is usually done within 60 minutes.